Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving





Well, November has come and gone and with it plenty of happenings around the farm. Early on I got a sweet picture of my two old Fords parked up at one of my gas wells. The grey one is a 1939 9N (converted to 12 volt) and the red one is the 1952 8N (still a 6 volt) I have shown you previously. I thought the pose was cool enough to share. Floyd and Peggy (my in-laws) came for a couple weeks for Thanksgiving and Elena's birthday (she turned 9). It was nice to have someone help me with the cooking since everyone knows I can't cook squat. We fried a 13# turkey and I slow roasted an 8# spiral-cut ham over charcoal for about 3 hours. Then I made my first ever sweet potato pie. it actually turned out pretty good. Peggy helped out with all the important stuff like mashed potatoes and gravy. By Sunday we had no leftovers and I have officially gained my "holiday weight" and they aren't even over yet.
I chose my christmas present with some difficulty, but finally opted on the new guitar. It is a Seagull Coastline GT in Sunburst color and I am pretty excited about it.
Also, there is a picture from the old days when we lived in NY of Heather, Ryann, and Elena when they were small. Thought that was kind of neat.
Brice gets here in about 3 weeks and he and I have decided to do the bachelor thing together. We had so much fun getting in trouble in the old days we might as well try it out again.
The cabin picture was taken from a view I have never seen until now since all the leaves have fallen. As you can see, snow is falling and although it doesn't look "cozy" yet, it gives you an idea of what it might look like with a light in the window and smoke trailing out of the chimney. Can't wait to take the girls up there and relax this next summer. Hope everybody is having a fantastic winter. Spend as much of it as you can with friends and fam.
A thought from Wednesday night meeting yesterday: God never takes something bad away from our lives without replacing it with something good.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear from your neck of the woods! Specail holiday and celebrations!! Thanks again for being a ROCK & pillar !

    ReplyDelete