Wednesday, September 8, 2010

New Beginnings



Well, today is Sept. 8th, Jessi’s birthday, she would have been 31 years old. These past months have passed agonizingly slow for me as I have been doing everything in my power to make time pass. I understand a lot of people out there are trying to do the opposite, to hang onto every moment and every memory, but it hurts too bad for me to do that. I will always have beautiful memories of Jess and our life together, but the time has come for me to move on to the next chapter. I chose this date a while back as a goal to work toward, a date that I could put some closure into my life. From this day forward, my mourning period is over and I will smile when I think of Jess instead of cry. I will always feel the pain, but I will use it to make me stronger.

The girls and I have instituted a plan that seems to work on a day to day basis. We all understand what needs to get done and it is working well. As far as a social life, ha, that’s non-existent, but I feel closer to my girls than ever before. After all, they are all I have left of Jessi.

I hope this finds everyone well and if a tear forms in the corner of your eye it is dried by someone you love. Thank you to everyone who has been such a support to my family. We’ll move on from here allowing God to lead.

Y’all take care.

6 comments:

  1. Missing Jess today, but looking forward to tomorrow, always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see you can be thankful for your memories, you're much better than I was at moving on,(and it was my mom not my spouse!).
    Gotta say I love that picture of our children hugging, glad you caught it on film. Noah is quick to point out Paige, and told Grandma he hugged her. Sorry you had to deal with a summer of bugs, they're gone and deer season is just a few mere weeks away. I see you smiling:) Dora

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet Arlen! Many sweet memories of the past and so many sweet memories yet to be made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you Arlen... can't even imagine what you and the girls have gone/are going through.

    ReplyDelete