Monday, September 3, 2012

Getting ready....

Well, once it's been a while....sorry folks.  We are getting ready here for our fall pasttime.  Hunting!  Here's an older one of Heather sighting in.

This next one is my version of geeking.  I pretend to study topography and deer movements and sightings and pinch points so I can act like I have an idea how to do this, but it usually is for naught.  This is our 2012 scope/plan of attack.  More sleep in days and more fun.  Hunting is supposed to be fun, not work, right?

This is a .50 Percussion cap Hawkins rifle I picked up this summer.  Hopefully I will get to use it this January during our muzzleloader season.  It's really beautiful, if I had a fireplace, this baby would hang above it.

Hope all are well, look for a couple posts in rapid succession, I am trying to catch up =)

We had a hot hot summer, and while the kids were out in Oregon, our power went out for about 8 days after those crazy midwest wind storms. So, mama and I were bathing ourselves and watering our animals from the creek across the road and that poor thing about dried up.  Here is a video Heather and I made of our first submerged well pump replacement with no power on a day that registered 108F and I had worked the night before!!  I thnik it worked out well, see foryourselves.



1 comment:

  1. That was entertaining for me. Glad we have a community well. (for now anyway) Good work team Ramey!

    ReplyDelete