Monday, September 3, 2012

Some of our babies out back


So here is part of the reason we get so excited about deer season.  These two boys have been showing for about the last month and one day about two weeks they were in the front field and I got to see them in person.  Beautiful deer, I am very happy with the genetics we have here.

Lotta antler in this picture.

We named this "little" 8-point Diego.


And this is his "little" cousin Manny.  The girls named them from the Ice Age movie.  Manny has 19 points that I can count and a drop tine on the right side.  He also sports a 3-bladed brow tine on the right.  Very unusual.  Elena says this one is hers.... wouldn't that be something?


This is the latest reason for our blood-passion . HOGS, HOGS!  I have several in the 200 pound range and they need to go.

3 comments:

  1. Sydney says your hog is so scary she can't even look at it.
    Go get 'em Elena!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls are more gutsy than me. Once I name an animal, no way could I make supper meat out of it. I couldn't even eat rabbit stew after I had played with the rabbits. But I'll share aunti bragging rights when I hear they got their buck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Emilee or Sydney....go get that hog family!

    The deer sure are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete